Advice for Severe Weather Conditions
In the event of severe weather or other unforeseen circumstances, every effort will be made to ensure the College remains open in order to minimise disruption to teaching & learning. However, the health and safety of our students and staff is our prime objective. When these circumstances arise the decision on whether the school will open or not will be made by the Head Teacher (in their absence the Deputy Head Teacher) after consulting with the Business Manager in relation to the safety of the site.
Please see our Emergency Closure Policy for full details.
ARRANGEMENTS IN THE EVENT OF SCHOOL CLOSURE
Severe weather conditions or unexpected events Circumstances can arise from time to time when it becomes necessary to close the college due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events. In the event of severe weather etc, we shall do everything we can to remain open but if at any time you wish to check if the college is open, you may do so in the following ways.
- The college website, our Facebook page and our Instagram page
- Use the Open Check service - https://opencheck.atomwide.com/default.aspx - look under Bromley/Kemnal Technology College
- Make sure the College has up-to-date contact details including mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Sign up to School Gateway App
- Telephone the College Reception: 020 8300 7112
At times of school closure please check the college website and Twitter feed for regular updates. Please do not rely on radio broadcasts for specific information about Kemnal Technology College.