We believe that giving students the correct careers education and guidance can improve their motivation to learn and help them to achieve.
The College is committed to ensuring that students have high-quality impartial advice on career opportunities and that they progress onto appropriate courses or employment on leaving the school.
New Statutory Guidance for Careers
January 2018 saw the introduction of new statutory guidance for careers. The school is working towards achieving the eight Gatsby benchmarks linked to this guidance, much of which is already in place;
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
Parents and carers are always welcome to contact the Careers Leader, Mr M Godden (firstname.lastname@example.org), to seek advice and ask any questions they might have regarding career pathways.