Our current Admissions Policies can be found below:
You MUST submit your online application with all the required documents by the closing date
- Your child must meet the admissions criteria of the school to be offered a place
- There is NO automatic offer of a sibling place without making an application
- NO automatic transfer from a nursery into a primary/infant school
Online application for Bromley residents available via www.bromley.gov.uk from 1st September
Applying for a School Place booklet available to view and download from the Bromley website www.bromley.gov.uk
All applicants refused a place have a right of appeal to an independent appeal panel constituted and operated in accordance with the School Admission Appeals Code. Appellants should contact the College by Friday 24th March 2023 via the college as set out in https://www.bromley.gov.uk/downloads/file/3552/applying_for_a_school_place_admissions_booklet.
Any child not offered a place has the statutory right of appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel. Appeals will be heard by independent panels within 40 school days from the 24th March 2023 during the Summer Term 2023 and each case will be considered individually on its merits.
Your appeal request should be submitted in writing stating your reasons for your request and any additional information/documentation/appendices should be submitted five days before the Hearing to allow time for it to be copied and distributed to all the interested parties. At least 10 working days before your appeal, unless you choose to waive this right, you will be sent detailed information regarding the process and also the date and names of the independent panel members who will hear the appeal.
Admissions and Appeals - September 2023 Intake
September/October 2022 - Bromley secondary schools’ and academies’ open events take place
TBC October 2022 National application deadline:
- Online applications close at 11.59 pm.
- Supplementary Information Forms (if required) to be returned directly to schools.
End November 2022 Letter sent to Bromley borough applicants to confirm the application address, schools applied for and order of preference as entered on the admissions system.
TBC December 2022 Last date late applications with exceptional circumstances and proven changes of address will be considered for National Offer Day.
- Permanent proven residential addresses at this date will be used for the application process.
- Subsequent moves will be investigated and discussed with the relevant school/s
Friday 3rd March 2023 National Offer Day.
- Bromley resident applicants, accepted as being on time, mailed (by 1st class post) an offer of a single school place.
- Notification of offer email sent to online applicants from 5.30pm.
- Acceptances can be made online.
- Requests for further preferences can be made on the Secondary Additional Preference Form and requests to go back on lower preference waiting lists can be made on the Secondary Reinstating Lower Preferences Form. These will be considered in May.
Friday 10th March 2023 Deadline for applicants to respond to offer online or by returning the offer letter reply slip.
Monday 20th March 2023 (TBC) Deadline for requesting an appeal.
April 2023 Initial Reconciliation Bromley admissions will begin to re-offer, in waiting list order, any places which are no longer required. Late applications with exceptional circumstances and proven changes of address received from 4 December to 1 March will be included.
- Late applications without exceptional circumstances received from 1st November to 1st March now processed.
- Address changes received after 2nd March.
- Additional preferences received from 2nd March now taken into account for waiting lists
- Reinstated lower preferences are now taken into account for waiting lists
- Processing of applications received from 2nd March, according to availability.
- From 20th May waiting list information available from School Admissions.