Ethos & Values
We are an Ambitious, Resilient and Considerate community
Our educational philosophy is focused around the values we want all our students to acquire before taking their place in the adult world. This is why we strive for:
Students who are ambitious for themselves. Dreams are achievable and goals can be reached by focusing on the present.
Students who are resilient. Learning is a voyage into the unknown and students need to have the confidence to learn from these experiences.
Students who are considerate to all. Success comes through teamwork and through recognition of other people’s talents.
The Government emphasises that schools are required to ensure that key ‘British Values’ are taught in all UK schools. The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy.
Kemnal Technology is committed to actively promoting British Values throughout the curriculum. We understand British values to mean democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our students are encouraged to:
- Understand how citizens can influence decision-making through the democratic process
- Understand that the freedom to hold other faiths and beliefs is protected by law
- Have an acceptance that people have different faiths or beliefs from oneself (or have none)
- Be accepting and tolerating of others, and should not be the cause of prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour
- Understand the importance of identifying and combatting discrimination
We actively promote these values through our:
- School Ethos 'We are an Ambitious, Resilient and Considerate'
- Student Voice Activities e.g School Council
- Enrichment activities and clubs
- Sporting events
- Educational visits and learning outside the classroom
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme
- Wider curriculum links