Uniform and Equipment
Kemnal Technology College places great emphasis on students wearing the correct College uniform as we believe it provides our students with an identity and sense of community. It also helps promote a purposeful approach to learning; assists in promoting good standards; and gives an ethos of self-discipline.
Our uniform includes…
- Black Blazer with College Badge* (Blazers and badges also available separately)
- Black Tailored Trousers (no tight fitting trousers)
- Black Panelled Skirt with Pleats (no shorter than 10 cm above the knee)
- White Shirt to be worn with a tie or White Open Collared Blouse
- College Tie (only to be worn with white shirt)
- Black V-Neck Jumper
- Plain Black or White Ankle Socks or Tights (not to be worn together)
- Plain Black Flat Shoes – no trainers or shoes resembling trainers
- Waterproof Coat
- Suitable College Bag
- Watches are encouraged to support our students' punctuality.
- Students may wear 2 small stud earrings only (one stud per ear). Facial piercings are not permitted.
- Only naturally coloured hair should be worn.
- Plain/discrete clips, hair bands and headbands may be worn.
- We encourage long hair to be tied back off the face for safety
- Make-up should not be worn including false eyelashes and/or other fashion accessories such as coloured contact lenses.
- Coloured nail varnish and acrylic nails are not allowed
*These items are available from:
Winston Sports & Casualwear
When we have non-uniform days at KTC, it’s usually for a special event like Christmas Jumper Day. Don’t worry - your form tutors will give you plenty of notice and answer questions about each event before it happens. All we ask is that clothing is sensible, modest and practical for the activities during the day. Jewellery and makeup rules apply on ‘Non-Uniform Days’.
P.E. & GAMES EQUIPMENT
So that you are ready to learn, you must bring your P.E. kit with you on days you have P.E. timetabled. We recommend labelling everything in your kit.
Our P.E. Kit includes…
- College Polo Shirt* or Plain Black Polo Shirt
- College Outside Games Shirt* or Plain Black Outdoor Games Shirt
- College Football Socks* or Plain Black Football Socks
- Black Shorts
- Black Jogging Bottoms
- Black Trainers - non-marking soles
- Shin Pads (optional)
- Rugby/Football Boots (optional)
It’s important that you are prepared to learn when you come to secondary school. You will need to bring your own equipment and will be responsible for keeping it safe. Always get your bag ready the night before and put your name on everything.
Items to bring to every lesson…
Pencil case which includes…
- Black pens
- Blue pens
- Red pens
- Coloured pencils
- Reading Book
Each week, if students have all 7 items of equipment every day (pencil, pen, ruler, calculator, tie, reading book & their planner) they will be awarded an R3. They then can use the points they earn to exchange for treats in our Reward Shop.
Things to consider when choosing your equipment:
Make sure the pens you choose show off your handwriting to its very best.
You may wish to have extras in your pencil case like highlighters if you know this helps to make your class notes memorable to you.
Maths sets including protractors, set squares and calculators are also very useful.