Uniform and Equipment
Wearing our uniform shows that you are part of our community. We want you to wear it with pride and take care in your presentation. Here is a list of the items you will be expected to wear…
- Black Blazer* with College Badge (Blazers are available at Winston Sports with the College badge, they also sell badges if you wish to purchase a blazer separately)
- Black Tailored Trousers (no tight fitting trousers)
- Black Panelled Skirt with Pleats (no shorter than 10cm above the knee)
- White Shirt to be worn with a tie or White Open Collared Blouse
- College Tie (only to be worn with a white shirt)
- Black V-Neck Jumper
- Plain black or white ankle socks or tights (not to be worn together)
- Plain Black Flat Shoes – no trainers or shoes resemble trainers
- Waterproof Coat
- Suitable College Bag (waterproof)
- Students may wear 2 small stud earrings only (one stud per ear)/no facial piercings and/or jewellery (watch permitted)
- No unnatural coloured hair. Braided hairstyles should be as close to the natural hair colour as possible. The most common being 1, 1b, 2 and 4. Not more than one shade/colour
- Plain clips and/or black bands to be used. Headbands must be no wider than the size of a 50 pence coin
- No make-up (this includes eyelashes and/or other fashion accessories such as coloured contact lenses).
- No Acrylic Nails are allowed and no coloured nail varnish
- Long hair should be tied back off the face
*These items are available from:
Winston Sports & Casualwear
When we have non-uniform days at KTC, it’s usually for a special event like Christmas Jumper Day. Don’t worry - your form tutors will give you plenty of notice and answer questions about each event before it happens. All we ask is that clothing is sensible, modest and practical for the activities during the day. Jewellery and makeup rules apply on ‘Non-Uniform Days’.
P.E. & GAMES EQUIPMENT
So that you are ready to learn, you must bring your P.E. kit with you on days you have P.E. timetabled. We recommend labelling everything in your kit.
What you’ll need is listed here….
- College Polo Shirt*
- College Outside Games Shirt*
- Black Shorts* or Skirt
- College Football Socks*
- Trainers (non-marking soles)
- Shin Pads
- Rugby/Football Boots
It’s important that you are prepared to learn when you come to secondary school. You will need to bring your own equipment and will be responsible for keeping it safe. Always get your bag ready the night before and put your name on everything.
Items to bring to every lesson:
- Pencil case which includes…
- Reading Book
- Face Mask
Each week, if students have all 7 items of equipment every day (pencil, pen, ruler, calculator, face mask, reading book & their planner) they will be awarded an R3. They then can use the points they earn to exchange for treats in our Reward Shop.
Things to consider when choosing your equipment:
Make sure the pens you choose show off your handwriting to its very best.
You may wish to have extras in your pencil case like highlighters if you know this helps to make your class notes memorable to you.
Maths sets including protractors, set squares and calculators are also very useful.