Key Stage 5
Extended Certificate in Creative Digital Media Production
What will I learn ?
This course will help you to take your first steps towards a career in the Digital Industry. You’ll learn essential skills such as planning and pitching a digital media product, digital publishing, sound planning an engineering and video editing and video special effects.
Year 12—Order of Study
- Digital Media Sectors and Audiences
- Planning and Pitching a Digital Media Product
- Media Industry in Context
- Digital Moving Image Production
- Digital Editing for Moving Image
Year 13—Order of Study
- Digital Publishing Production
- Digital photography for a Media Product
- Graphic Design for Digital Media
- Writing for Digital Media
- Digital Art for a Media Product
Which career path could this help me with?
Digital Media is a BOOM industry , not just in the United Kingdom, but across the entire world, and it’s rise in use and popularity will continue for the foreseeable future. You only have to look at Apple Corporation’s profits in the three months up to December 2014—which were the largest in recorded History: $ 18 Billion ! Or perhaps you could look at the amount of Smartphones sold globally over that same period— 75 Million (Source: BBC News, 28 Jan 2015).
All of this success is based on the content and services provided over a huge variety of Media platforms, products and services : all of which needing someone to think up, design and create.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THE FUTURE ? THEN THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU !